Branson's Little Opry Theatre
Book by Phone:
If you're going to see a show, why not see the biggest? Head to Branson's IMAX entertainment complex and see the best performances in grand style.
The 210-seat Little Opry Theatre hosts live shows that offer a little something for everyone. This year's performance schedule features "Smoke on the Mountain," "Goldwing Express," Rick Langston's "Keepin' It Country," "Hank Williams Revisited," "The John Wayne Story," "Cowboy Church" and "Norma Jean and the Cowboys."
- "Smoke on the Mountain" is a live musical comedy that blends story and gospel tunes to bring viewers back to 1938 and Mount Pleasant Church's first Saturday Night Sing.
- "Goldwing Express" is a touring bluegrass band featuring three Native American brothers and their father. This musical comedy act brings together a five-string banjo, mandolin, guitar, bow fiddle and upright bass.
- "The John Wayne Story" showcases John Wain's acclaimed homage to American legend John Wayne.
In a similar fashion, "Hank Williams Revisited" does just what its name promises. Tim Handler sings the tunes that made Williams famous, including "Your Cheating' Heart" and "Jambalaya."
- "Keepin' It Country" features Rick Langston along with a troupe of up-and-coming country artists. This musical treat pays tribute to country's greats.
- "Cowboy Church" boasts gospel tunes in a worship performance fit for the entire family. This nondenominational, informal church service featuring Norma Jean meets every Sunday and admission is always free.
- "Norma Jean and the Cowboys" give an informal show that changes each week and includes artists like Leroy New and Jessie Ahrens performing some of Branson's liveliest tunes.
The IMAX also shows films featuring extra-large screens and surround sound that fool you into thinking you're right in the middle of the action. Check before you go to find out about the current features.
The complex, located on Branson's Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, also offers plenty of other things to enjoy, like diverse shops and tasty treats at Quizno's, McFarlain's or Breadeaux Pizza.