Historic Homestead Tour
Explore the history surrounding Harold Bell Wright's Shepherd of the Hills on a 60-minute tour of the Historic Homestead in Branson. Your first stop will be the original structure of Old Matt's Cabin. This served as the Ross family home for around 30 years before it was written into history through Wright's famous novel. Inside the cabin you will find a number of historical items and antiques, including clothing worn by John and Anna Ross, some of their photographs, furniture,cooking utensils, tools, and much more.
- Old Matt's Cabin
- Wright Church
- Outdoor Drama Stage
- Old Matt's Steam Engine
- Grist Mill
- Little Pete's cave
- Harold Bell Wright Museum
- Aunt Mollie's Restaurant
Trail of Lights and Christmas on the Trail
During the holiday season, the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead is transformed into a sparkling wonderland of holiday cheer. The Trail of Lights is a drive-thru light attraction, and Christmas on the Trail is a chuck wagon-style cowboy dinner and Christmas carol sing-a-long. Make a vacation out of it and find other fun things to do in the area!
- What methods of transportation does the Historic Homestead Tour use (if any)? (Give specific vehicle description)
This is a walking tour.
- Approximately how long does the Historic Homestead Tour last?
It is approximately 1 hour.
- For what ages is the tour appropriate?
Great for all ages.
- What type of dress & footwear are recommended?
Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Where does the Historic Homestead Tour depart from?
Shepherd of the Hills Historic Homestead & Old Mill Theatre
- What sights will actually be visited while on the Historic Homestead Tour?
Inspiration Tower, Morgan's Community Church, Old Mill Theatre
- Is photography / video recording allowed on the Historic Homestead Tour?