Short Getaway Ideas For Branson Entertainment & Shows
If you only have a day or two to spend in Branson, there are a few things that should not be missed.
- Silver Dollar City - With over 100 authentic craftsmen, thrilling rides, exciting attractions, and dazzling shows, Silver Dollar City is the biggest and most exhilarating theme park in the Ozarks. This award winning theme park has been Branson's #1 attraction for 40 years.
- Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum - The Branson location of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum not only includes strange things like a vampire slaying kit, a two-headed calf, and a model of the Roman Coliseum made from playing cards; it is also the most photographed building in Branson.
For the golfer
- Point Royale Golf Course - The 18-hole (12 with water), championship Pointe Royale Golf Course spans 6,070 yards, par 70 of bent grass greens and Bermuda fairways. Point Royale Golf Course features include sand traps, a complete pro shop, club rentals, and a restaurant and a lounge. Lessons from a PGA pro are also available.
For the western lover
- Roy "Dusty" Rogers - Son of the cowboy legend of the same name, and his band The High Riders perform the best music of the great cowboy artists in this Branson show. This intimate show is also set in the middle of Roy Rogers-Dale Evans Museum, where families and other visitors can explore the history of cowboy music, take part in activities, and shop at the Happy Trails Gift Shop. You can also purchase a Show/Museum Ticket combination.
For the patriot
- Veterans Memorial Museum - The Veterans Memorial Museum of Branson contains over 2,000 exhibits on 18,000 sq. ft. in honor of the brave men and women who fought in World Wars I & II, Korea, Vietnam, and the Persian Gulf. You'll be moved by this powerful tribute to veterans from all branches of the United States military service.
For the nature lover
- General Outdoor Activities - Hiking the variety of trails in the area offers a quiet and relaxing way to experience the unusual beauty of the Ozarks. The terrain is a unique combination of forested hillsides, open grassland, steep rocky inclines, open glades, winding streams and rivers, and numerous caves. For short hikes near Branson, try Ruth and Paul Henning State Forest, Dewey Short Visitor Center, Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery, Busiek State Forest, or Lakeside Forest Wilderness Area.
- Butterfly Place - Nature is home to some of the most elegant works of art and beauty, and you can see many of them at the Butterfly Place. This indoor exhibit is home to more than 50 species of butterfly! Get ready to see some of the most diverse and beautiful creatures and plants in the world.
For the romantic...