Silver Dollar City Branson
Return to the time of bluegrass music and Ozark tradition with a trip to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri where children can play on various rides and entertainment areas while adults appreciate the fine arts and crafts as well as entertaining shows and performances. Right as you enter this unique theme park, the fun begins with a wide selection of specialty shops and food venues. Shop around and see blown glass exhibits, hand-carved souvenirs, specialty candies and pastries, magic shops, a fully decked-out toy store and more! Rides are also available for those who are looking for a thrill or smaller children wanting something tame. There are roller coasters with frightening drops and swirls, water rides to cool you off on those hot days, and pint-size rides like the merry-go-round and balloon ride for your little ones! When shopping and thrill rides have exhausted you, catch a show at the Opera House Theater, on Main Street, or in the Echo Hollow Amphitheatre. Admission to all of the Silver Dollar city shows is included in your park ticket!
Rides and Attractions
- The Giant Swing - Soar to new heights with this full-size swing meant for those who are stout at heart.
- Wildfire - This trademark roller coaster is the pride of all Silver Dollar City's roller coasters with loops and one memorable drop!
- Powder Keg - This coaster starts with a bang and the thrills continue through drops and loops.
- The Grand Exposition - With 10 different family rides, you can step into a mini-carnival inside Silver Dollar City.
- Fire-in-the-Hole - This indoor roller coaster ride has its fair share of drops and thrills!
- Frisco Silver Dollar Line Steam Train - This 20 minute train ride takes you through the Ozark hills where you might run into some kooky train robbers!
- Time Traveler: The Time Traveler is the park's newest ride unveiled in 2018. This totally unique thrill ride features vertical drops and a moving cart.
- Grandfather's Mansion - This mansion is full of slanted floors, mirrored rooms, and just plain fun!
- Marvel Cave - Right at the entrance of Silver Dollar City is Marvel Cave where you can take a trip down into one of the Ozark's wonders.
- McHaffie's Homestead - Step into this real log cabin that was built in 1843 by the pioneering family.
- Oak Trail School - This school is a one-room establishment where children went through third grade.
- The Flooded Mine - Take a leisure ride through the flooded mine where the inmates have escaped!
- Thunderation - This roller coaster takes you through the wilds of the Ozarks for a thoroughly jolting ride.
- Wilderness Church - This authentic church was built in 1849 and you are free to take a look around.
There are several festivals that occur at Silver Dollar City annually and it is a true treat to participate in the productions, see the guest performers, and enjoy the unique atmosphere. When planning your vacation, see which festival will be occurring on your trip!
New Festival of Wonder (April 10 - 28): The Festival of Wonder is a springtime festival that encapsulates entertainment from around the world. You will be amazed by fantastic acts such as CirqUnique, I-Harp Extreme, PAINTJAM featuring Ricardo Barazza, and Phoenix Fire. From art to music to special effects and pyrotechnics, this festival truly brings some awe-inspiring acts and fun to Silver Dollar City.
Bluegrass and BBQ (May 2 - May 27): Enjoy fantastic bluegrass music and mouthwatering fall-off-the-bone BBQ at Silver Dollar City's beloved Bluegrass and BBQ celebration. This May festival features amazing award-winning bluegrass acts with more than 60 bands playing the festival. Plus, guests can also enjoy nightly concerts at the Echo Hollow Amphitheatre!
Summer Concert Series (May 31 - June 2 & June 7 - 9): The Summer Concert Series at Silver Dollar City is an amazing celebration of fantastic music. During these days, guests can enjoy music from Grammy Award Winners and famous legends! Just a few of the performers include Christopher Cross, Blood Sweat & Tears, The Lovin' Spoonful, and tribute bands like Members Only and Abba Tribute.
Star-Spangled Summer (June 8 - July 21): The kids are out of school, the weather is warm, and it is the perfect time to visit Silver Dollar City. Star Spangled Summer allows guests to enjoy the more than 40 thrilling rides at the park while taking in summer-only entertainment unlike any other!
Moonlight Madness (July 20 - August 4): Enjoy all of your favorite Silver Dollar City rides after dark with Moonlight Madness. The park comes to life after dark during this two-week stretch of fun. The park is open from 9:30 AM until 10 PM each evening during this annual event.
Country Music Days (September 6 - 22): If you love country music, be sure to visit Silver Dollar City during the Country Music Days event. Throughout September, guests can experience amazing concerts from well-known country music stars. There are evening concerts as well held at Echo Hollow Amphitheatre.
Harvest Festival Featuring Craft Days & Pumpkin Nights (September 25 - October 26): The BRAND NEW Harvest Festival featuring Craft Days & Pumpkin Nights is sure to be a blast. This festival allows guests to experience the more than 40 thrill rides, shows, shops, and more while enjoying a fall-themed pumpkinpalooza.
Southern Gospel Picnic (August 23 – September 3): Experience great gospel music at Silver Dollar City during the Southern Gospel Picnic. This annual event is an Ozarks favorite, offering classic and inspirational gospel music and Southern-style food at the House of Chicken & Fixins'. Some of the artists performing during this celebration include New South, Tim Lovelace, America's Largest Hymn Sing, and the Spoken 4 Quartet.
An Old Time Christmas (November 3 - December 30, 2019): Join in on SDC's annual holiday celebration with An Old Time Christmas. This festival comes to life with a parade through mainstreet, a huge special effects Christmas tree, various holiday-themed shops and foods, and of course the millions of beautiful sparkling lights! Catch a Christmas show or visit with Santa during your trip to this beloved theme park.
New Year's Celebration (Dec. 31 & Jan 1, 2020): Ring in the New Year at your favorite theme park. At the New Year's Celebration, visitors to SDC will be able to enjoy live entertainment, the 6.5 million Christmas lights, and ride your favorite rides for the last time in 2019!