Silver Dollar City Branson
Return to the time of bluegrass music and Ozark tradition with a trip to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri where children can play on various rides and entertainment areas while adults appreciate the fine arts and crafts as well as entertaining shows and performances. Right as you enter this unique theme park, the fun begins with a wide selection of specialty shops and food venues. Shop around and see blown glass exhibits, hand-carved souvenirs, specialty candies and pastries, magic shops, a fully decked-out toy store and more! Rides are also available for those who are looking for a thrill or smaller children wanting something tame. There are roller coasters with frightening drops and swirls, water rides to cool you off on those hot days, and pint-size rides like the merry-go-round and balloon ride for your little ones! When shopping and thrill rides have exhausted you, catch a show at the Opera House Theater, on Main Street, or in the Echo Hollow Amphitheatre. Admission to all of the Silver Dollar city shows is included in your park ticket!
Rides and Attractions
- The Giant Swing - Soar to new heights with this full-size swing meant for those who are stout at heart.
- Wildfire - This trademark roller coaster is the pride of all Silver Dollar City's roller coasters with loops and one memorable drop!
- Powder Keg - This coaster starts with a bang and the thrills continue through drops and loops.
- The Grand Exposition - With 10 different family rides, you can step into a mini-carnival inside Silver Dollar City.
- Fire-in-the-Hole - This indoor roller coaster ride has it's fair share of drops and thrills!
- Frisco Silver Dollar Line Steam Train - This 20 minute train ride takes you through the Ozark hills where you might run into some cooky train robbers!
- Geyser Gulch - This water wonderland has water guns that provide a quick way to cool off.
- Grandfather's Mansion - This mansion is full of slanted floors, mirrored rooms, and just plain fun!
- Marvel Cave - Right at the entrance of Silver Dollar City is Marvel Cave where you can take a trip down into one of the Ozark's wonders.
- McHaffie's Homestead - Step into this real log cabin that was built in 1843 by the pioneering family.
- Oak Trail School - This school is a one-room establishment where children went through third grade.
- The Flooded Mine - Take a leisure ride through the flooded mine where the inmates have escaped!
- Thunderation - This roller coaster takes you through the wilds of the Ozarks for a thoroughly jolting ride.
- Wilderness Church - This authentic church was built in 1849 and you are free to take a look around.
There are several festivals that occur at Silver Dollar City annually and it is a true treat to participate in the productions, see the guest performers, and enjoy the unique atmosphere. When planning your vacation, see which festival will be occurring on your trip!
- World Fest - International performers all congregate to Silver Dollar City to share their culture with the visitors! From delectable dishes to different musical performances, you can see the style of the world all in one place!
- Bluegrass and BBQ Festival - With the hottest performers in bluegrass making an appearance on the grounds, you can enjoy your favorites while tasting barbeque favorites from Memphis, Louisiana, Texas and more!
- National Kids' Fest - Let your children run wild with Silver Dollar City's Kids Fest where there are a variety of fun and educational activities planned everyday like magic shows, banana split eating contests, and performer.
- National Harvest Festival - Celebrate the art of craftsmanship with the National Harvest Festival where there will be 100 visiting craftsmen and over 400 performers. Join in on the Ozark spirit and discover the harvest they have to offer.
- Southern Gospel Picnic - Southern gospel has always been a large part of the Ozarks and with the Southern Gospel Pinic, you can gather with the family as different performers sing your favorite hymns. Traditional southern cooking will also be served for visitors.
- An Old Time Christmas - With over 4 million lights, you will be in awe of the display that Silver Dollar City provides for the Christmas season. With a Main Street show and parade, there is plenty to see and do to get into the holiday spirit in Silver Dollar City.